Hamptons Style: Summer Edition
Planning a Hamptons trip this summer? Style and fashion expert Dawn Del Russo lays out the absolute must-haves to bring for any situation – from cover-ups and beachwear to day-to-night clothing transitions. With these recommendations even a plain outfit will pop with fashion and style.
1. Pleated, neutral-tone dresses that button up the front are the perfect way to go from day to night plans in the Hamptons. We recommend this semi-sheer maxi dress by Theory because it’s easy to pack and has a small pocket. Tip: Try it over a retro swimsuit for a chic look.
Available at Net-a-Porter, $375
2. Designer Mara Hoffman’s swimsuits always feature a multitude of prints that fit almost any personality. Bring out your wild side with this bright orange, laser-cut bandeau with a tribal design.
Available at Revolve Clothing, $93.
3. Kaftans take the guesswork out of style. And this turquoise Emilio Pucci kaftan brings style with ease with its self-tie closure and side-slit hemline. Tip: Wear with a simple one-piece bathing suit.
Available at The Corner, $672
4. For women, Bermuda shorts are the it factor this season. And surprisingly, the same goes for men. Though normally a more casual look, these Jonathan Saunders, Sally satin shorts bring up the class factor while staying relaxed. Tip: Try wearing it with a crisp white button down or paired over a swimsuit.
Available at Net-a-Porter, $333.
5. Chanel started the espadrille trend in flats, influencing brands from the likes of Missoni, Valentino and Charlotte Olympia to finally get on board. And, with perfect results since this Missoni flat is ideal for a day of sailing or a walk into town.
Available at Zappos, $175
6. A windy, Hamptons day has the potential to ruin a beach trip. However, a headscarf is the key to taming those wind-blown locks. With a few easy steps, a headscarf can transform into a glamorous turban. Check out this Jennifer Behr black, silk turban.
Available at Saks Fifth Avenue, $495
7. White denim pants always appear as an in fashion statement during the summer, even on those rough, humid August days. But this year, everyone is wearing them cropped. This Abbot Kinney Crop shows that this look works with a simple, black pump.
Available at Paige USA, $179