The Eyes Have It
Whether you’re on the giving or receiving end of a smoldering gaze, it’s no secret: the eyes have it. And these fine products prep, pamper and primp the windows to your soul.
1. Guerlain Super Aqua-Eye Patches, available at Guerlain Spa in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria, New York, $118 for a package of 6: Follow up a facial treatment at one of the city’s most exclusive spas with a take home treat — cooling eye patches that hydrate, soothe and reduce puffiness with organic extracts from desert rose buds. Particularly pleasing after long flights or a day in the sun, the patches are also available in full-face pads to target larger zones.
2. Amala Rejuvenating Eye Cream, available at The Spa at Glenmere in Chester, NY or www.amalabeauty.com, $128: Born in the pristine German Alps, the 100 percent natural Amala line harnesses whole plant extracts for exceptional skincare. Organic cocoa bean, acai extract and licorice root are behind the firming and brightening properties in this silky smooth eye cream that’s rich in vitamins A and C and works to diminish dark eye circles for more a more youthful look.
3. Obagi Professional-C Eye Brightener, available at Apothecarie New York, $90: Launched in April 2014, Obagi’s latest eye beautifier harnesses kinetin and zeatin — plant-sourced natural growth factors derived from DNA and RNA that have been proven to minimize lines around the eyes, combat the crepey look and reduce apparent wrinkle depth by 35 percent.
4. Brows Gone Wow Eyebrow Shaping Gel, available at www.wowbrows.net, $20: Sparse or full, eyebrows have a tendency to get unruly. Use this handy gel to keep hairs in place, cover grays and enhance color with three available shades. Waterproof, the product is gym and swim-friendly but washes out easily with soap.
5. G.M. Collin’s Bota-Peptide Eye Contour, available at Spa Toccare at the Borgata Hotel, Atlantic City, NJ and www.GMcollin.com, $84; Peptides like Argireline and Myoxinol in this light and effective cream create a mild muscle-relaxing effect to diminish expression lines around your eyes, while caffeine and cucumber extract work to improve circulation and smooth the ocular area.
6. EYES by ToGoSpa, available at www.togospa.com, $25 for a pack of six: Age-defying celebrities like Heidi Klum and Jenny McCarthy use these under-eye collagen gel pads, infused with marine collagen, vitamins and amino acids, for a quick 15-minute fix to reduce dark circles and bags. Perfect for a morning pep-up following a long night.
7. Rodial Bee Venom Eye, available at Nordstrom stores, $140; Bee venom has been called a natural botox for its instant plumping and rejuvenating effects, and it’s the not-so-secret ingredient in this non-stinging formula that goes on light and works with plant stem cells to improve skin tone and elasticity.
8. Amaryllis Lashes by Napoleon Perdis, available at Bergdorf Goodman, $15; Even the lushest of lashes benefit from extra dimension, and that’s where faux eyelashes come into play. Inspired by the glamour of 1940s Paris, these natural-style lashes blend with your own lashline for a seamless look and follow the natural curve of your eye for a come-hither finish.
9. Elite Therapeutics Platinum Crème, available at www.elitetherapeutics.com, $195: Collagen repair is the key to enhancing the youthful look in your eye area, and apple stem cells pair with Vitamin E and other premium ingredients to encourage collagen and elastin synthesis and DNA repair in the dull, flakey-skinned eye area.
10. Lumene Blueberry Curl Mascara, available at www.dermstore.com, $9.99: This luxurious and surprisingly affordable mascara by Finnish brand Lumene is made from organic arctic blueberry seed oil and has a sturdy plastic brush that gives lashes a coquette curl.
11. Les Tendres Ecrin 4 Eyeshadows palette, available at Neiman Marcus, $63; The mix of textures and hues — ivory, a satiny nude, matte violet-plum and metallic aquatic green — are the base for perfect depth and shimmer for your eyes in Les Tendres, Guerlain’s newest limited edition set of shades.
12. Charcoal shades pair with romantic springtime hues (coral and mossy green) for just the right balance of depth and shimmer needed to empower your eye-look, day into night.
13. Lafont NAUTILE Sunglasses, available at Rosenblum Eye Centers (220 Madison Ave., NY), $690: For a luminous look with animal magnetism, the subtle panther print makes for a chic contrast to these stainless steel and Swarovski crystal-embellished glasses. Handcrafted in France, they come in a variety of frame colors.
14. Paris Sunglasses in Zebra Horn by PRISM, www.prismlondon.com, $405; We love the understated safari appeal of these round, 100 percent acetate frames that make for a decidedly boho-chic look for spring into summer. Made in a family-run factory in Italy.
15. Outer Visions custom-designed sunglasses, available by appointment www.outervisionnyc.com, Gehry version, $750: Phyllis Lubarsky’s Manhattan-based eyewear company uses digital imaging to create a custom eyewear silhouette based on your face’s shape, the distance between your eyes, even the width of your temples. The result is bespoke frames for a perfect fit and distinct style.